Friday, October 24, 2014

Advanced Installer .MSI Installs in Minutes


I have been a website owner since 2004 when I started MarvsWindowsTips.com. I searched and searched for an installer package to meet my needs. I did not have time to learn a complicated installer package and that’s when I found Advanced Installer. I started with version 4.0 and I’ve been using the program up to the current version (11.7). I was able to learn how to use their program with minimal research for details that I didn’t understand. And their technical support was always there when I needed them. I like their program so well that I didn’t start with the free version; I bought the pro version right from the start. I do not charge for the programs from my website but it was so easy to use their software and so easy to integrate the things I wanted to do that I was hooked from the first version. Once I built my first package and had friends to try it they were very impressed. Any time that I came up with a new off-the-wall idea that I wanted to do, their technical support was always there to lead me in the right direction.

Some of the features that are significant to me are listed below.

  •   I am able to build mixed 32/64 bit installers, thus saving time from having to build two separate installers and avoiding duplicating my installs in two different packages.
  • They offer author signature, unified installers for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
  • I like from time-to-time to change the themes of my installer packages and with Advanced Installer, it’s easy. They have over 75 built-in custom themes to effortlessly give your application a professional look.
  • Adding custom actions through their program is awesome, very easy and if you have any problems their support is willing to help you.
  •  They have a wizard for simple project and professional creations that are easy to follow and guide you through the building of your installer package.
  • It’s easy to upgrade the packages that you build.
  • The layout of the program is easy to follow in a step-by-step menu that allows me to add or remove menu items that I may or may not need in my installer package.
  • They also offer forums which I have used to solve small problems that maybe other members had encountered and if I could not, their technical support was only an email away in which I would receive a swift reply within 24 hours.
  • I can choose to add and remove pre-built dialogues that the customers see in the final product.
Not only have I received comments from my family about these easy-to-use installer packages, but other site visitors compliment me on the package as well. By some of my friends’ comments and my own likes, I was able to build the package and customize to my liking to make it a pleasurable install.

As I mentioned above, they even offer a free version if you don’t need the too-many-to-mention features of a professional installer package. If you’re looking for an easy-to-use installer program, give Advanced Installer a try.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment